[Click] DSR with ETX metric

Mustafa Yasir Arslan arslanmustafa at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 17:30:12 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm a beginner Click user and I want to use Click to run DSR routing
with ETX metric. Unfortunately, it seems that Click does not do any
routing for me. We have a wireless testbed setup and when I try to ping
between two nodes that are far away from each other, I can't get any
response back. I'm using the default configuration files generated by
the make-dsr-config.pl script.

On the other hand, ETX link probe packets seem to be transmitted between
nodes (verified via tcpdump).  To me it seems that Linux takes care of
routing (instead of Click which is what I want to achieve) since ping
packets only get response from nearby nodes. I would greatly appreciate
any help on this.

Thanks,

Mustafa