[Click] Read write handler question on roofnet with click

Rajesh Prasad rxp2551 at louisiana.edu
Mon Aug 4 12:33:37 EDT 2008

Hi ,
I am a Phd Candidate working on a protocol similar to "XORs in The Air:
Practical Wireless Network Coding". I have been working on the CLICK
modular router and roofnet software for some time. I have the software
running in simple Alice-Router-Bob configuration. I want to extend it to
5 computers in a cross configuration with router at the center of the
cross.

1)Can you please give some direction how the write handler passes the
parameter( written below) to roofnet (where are these parameter stored
to be used by roofnet). I looked into the srcr code and could not
determine how they are used.

srcr/sendmgr.max_xmits 1
srcr/arp.insert 5.191.186.212 00:11:95:BF:BA:D4
srcr/set_sr.set_route 5.137.112.229 5.22.131.89

2)For roofnet to function do I have to set srcr/arp of all laptops in
each computer?

3)If I have five computer A,B,C,D in a cross topology with router at the
center of the cross. If I have a cross flow from "A" and "B" sending
packet to each other via router, similarly "C" and "D" send to each
other via the router...  how do I set the  srcr/set route  on each of
the computer?

4)If instead of udpencap I want tcp flow how do do I pass the write
handler?
       writehandler.pl  udpencap.flow Alice 3456  Bob  3457 (eg how I
use the udp)

I know they are very simple question but I could not find any help thats
why I am writing to the forum.Thanking any help in advance

Regards
Rajesh Prasad