[Click] Simple click script

Saquib Razak saquibrazak at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 02:01:50 EDT 2008

I am running click on madwifi on two laptops with CISCO aironet
adaptors. I am
operating my cards on 802.11a in order to avoid interference. Right now
I am just trying to send from one computer to the other and record the
RSSI values at the receiver. When I run my cards on 802.11g and look at
the packets from nearby APs, I can see the RSSI values changing but on
11a with my own click computer transmitting, the RSSI values are all
zeros on the receiver. I am using the following scripts for sender and
transmitters

SENDER

inf_src::InfiniteSource(DATA 64 ,ACTIVE true)
->EtherEncap(0x900, 06:0F:B5:37:E3:87, 00:0F:B5:10:72:7B)
->wifi_encap::WifiEncap(0x00, 06:0F:B5:37:E3:87)
->ExtraEncap()
-> to_dev::ToDevice(ath1)

RECEIVER

FromDevice(ath12)
-> prism2_decap :: Prism2Decap()
-> extra_decap :: ExtraDecap()
-> radiotap_decap :: RadiotapDecap()
-> rxs :: RXStats()
-> PrintWifi()
-> Discard;

Why would the RSSI values be zero? What am I mising here?

Thanks
Saquib