[Click] nsclick wireless

Nicolas Letor nicolas.letor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 08:41:00 EDT 2007

Eddie,

On 9/12/07, Eddie Kohler <kohler at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:

> Nicolas,
>
> Thanks so much!!

Not a problem :-)

So I ended up applying your patch, and then reconfiguring it quite a bit.  I
> didn't like that people had to both recompile Click and NS every time they
> updated.  So I redid the interface between Click and NS to support a bit
> better binary compatibility.

Cool update! Seems like a nice generic interface between Click and NS.

Please apply Click's etc/ns-2.30-patch to a fresh ns-2.30 tree, and build
> nsclick in the usual way, and let me know if there are any problems.

I found a small bug in WirelessInfo. See attached patch for more info.
So far I didn't discover any other problems in a fresh ns-2.30 tree.

In other news I think we can remove the ns-2.29-patch, now that ns-2.30  has
> been out for a long time.  Do you agree?

I agree. I compared the 802.11 mac and the 802.3 mac from both ns2 versions
and there were no significant changes.
So I assume that support for ns-2.29 can be dropped. Unless someone else on
this list has objections ? ;-)

Nico

Eddie

--