[Click] 802.11 MAC in Click?

Bryon Roche kain at kain.org
Tue Oct 23 07:41:32 EDT 2007

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 14:16:22 -0700
"W. David Li" <wdli at oahu.atc.lmco.com> wrote:

> I haven't searched the achieve to find out about this topic. So I am
> interested to know if anyone in the community has implemented
> 802.11b/g MAC layer in Click.
>
> - David

Click comes with implementations of 802.11 encapsulation/decapsulation
and simple (plaintext or WEP, wpa has not been implemented, single ap
(no WDS)) access point and station functionality.

I am using this myself to provide an access point using a Ralink rt73
USB dongle on linux, using the rt73 driver in monitor+inject mode.  The
only problem I have with this is that when running click in usermode, I
am able to rather easily flood the radio interface with packets and
break the interface.  If you are running click to provide an access
point, I suggest you route it to your other network, and don't bridge
your wireless to your wired net.

/B