[Click] Problem with IPsecDES

Dimitris Syrivelis jsyr at inf.uth.gr
Wed May 30 05:13:05 EDT 2007

Hello,

  The Documentation on IPsecDES and this particular configuration file
(ipsec-des.click) are outdated because the modules have been recently
revised. Despite that, if this configuration suits your needs you may use
click-1.5.0 release or earlier.
 In the current release click has a Security Association Database and the keys
for encryption and authentication are stored there and are passed to each
IPsec module via the click annotation space mechanism.
 This database (it is a click hashtable) resides in RadixIPsecLookup routing
table module.
  You should check the ipsec-router.click configuration example as well as the
click documentation for IPsec which is here:
    http://www.read.cs.ucla.edu/click/docs/ipsec-doc

 If you have any questions please post them here because i will use the
feedback to improve documentation.

 If you will be using commodity PCs to create pairs of IPSec security
gateways, note that you should decrease the Ethernet MTU size of all the
machines that use these gateways to 1400 bytes  because IPsec ESP
encapsulation increases the packet size.

Dimitris