[Click] Again a beginner question

Muddassir Khan muddassir.khan at gmail.com
Thu May 24 11:44:04 EDT 2007

hello

i have similar problem as rest of the beginners, the problem is that CLICK
have evolved so much that for a starter it gives a huge setback when u look
at the amount of code written.

I have been trying to study  a project which uses click framework, and for
that testing purpose i tried to use the debugger mode, and it was amazing at
the way the command was being shifted to so many files, ( which btw i didnt
get much)

i just want to ask if anyone has ever transferred a bitmap or .wav or any
video file using click? i found one file in the element/userlevel/ folder
names fromfile.hh fromfile.c , but amazingly it hasn't been derived from
element class, there was no documentation available for it on the click
website which clearly shows that it was not the original click file.

i tried looking into the fromdevice and ratedsource elements but couldn't
find much help in them either.

as from the previous mails i find that not much help is being offered to
people who are not that good at programming, as this group is meant for the
testers of click, but if someone does reply and help me out , it would be
very kind of him/her.

i hope by doing this small experiement with someone's help i would be able
to understand the working of CLICK and so would help me alot in working on
it for future.

thanks alot

Khan