[Click] Nsclick with click from cvs sources

Georgios Parissidis parissid at tik.ee.ethz.ch
Fri May 18 05:52:55 EDT 2007

Eddie,

I did the installation of nsclick as provided in
http://www.read.cs.ucla.edu/click/nsclick. The test of the installation
using |nsclick-simple-wlan.tcl executes without errors.

|My question is how to run nsclick simulations using the dsr/dsdv
protocols with many nodes (ex. 50 nodes). As simnet is not included in
click 1.5 and later, it is not clear how to assign (IP/MAC) addresses
from a ns .tcl script.

Georgios

Eddie Kohler wrote:

> Georgios,
>
> Where are you finding the versions of make-dsr-config and
> make-dsdv-config.pl that generate 'simnet'?  I do a grep for simnet in
> ALL our current sources and nothing comes up.  I wonder if your NS
> installation is using an older installation of Click.
>
> Eddie
>

> Georgios Parissidis wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I installed click from cvs sources with --enable-nsclick. I tested my
>> installation with nsclick-simple-wlan.tcl and it runs without errors.
>> Then I tried to run simulations using the dsr and the dsdv. I used the
>> make-dsr-config.pl and make-dsdv-config.pl scripts to create dsr and
>> dsdv click configurations.
>>
>> Both click configurations failed to run for several reasons.
>>
>> 1. "eth:simnet" is not a recognizable address. How IP and MAC addresses
>> are assigned on each node through a ns .tcl file?
>> 2. Kerneltun is uknown element class.
>>
>> It seems that nsclick is not supported with click 1.5 and later.
>>
>> Do you plan to update the configuration files, or to give a set of
>> guidelines what changes are needed in order to run simulations with the
>> dsr and the dsdv protocols?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Georgios Parissidis

Georgios Parissidis