[Click] Nsclick with click from cvs sources

Bart Braem bart.braem at ua.ac.be
Thu May 10 05:40:08 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 09 May 2007 12:06, Georgios Parissidis wrote:
> Both click configurations failed to run for several reasons.
>
> 1. "eth:simnet" is not a recognizable address. How IP and MAC addresses
> are assigned on each node through a ns .tcl file?
> 2. Kerneltun is uknown element class.
>
> It seems that nsclick is not supported with click 1.5 and later.
>
> Do you plan to update the configuration files, or to give a set of
> guidelines what changes are needed in order to run simulations with the
> dsr and the dsdv protocols?

Kerneltun is not available in nsclick as it was written for the kernel and not
for nsclick. eth:simnet however is old syntax that is still included in the
scripts that are in the 1.5 release.

Eddie: would it be possible to release a new "stable" version? For new users
it is often very frustrating to notice that a lot of nsclick things do not
work in the current release version, in fact nsclick can not work in the 1.5
release. I have submitted some patches to fix things earlier, after the 1.5
release. Perhaps Click 1.6 of 1.5.1 can include those?
Of course CVS has those patches, but that is not something that users look
into immediately...

Regards,
Bart
--