[Click] Nsclick with click from cvs sources

Georgios Parissidis parissid at tik.ee.ethz.ch
Wed May 9 06:06:37 EDT 2007

Hi,

I installed click from cvs sources with --enable-nsclick. I tested my
installation with nsclick-simple-wlan.tcl and it runs without errors.
Then I tried to run simulations using the dsr and the dsdv. I used the
make-dsr-config.pl and make-dsdv-config.pl scripts to create dsr and
dsdv click configurations.

Both click configurations failed to run for several reasons.

1. "eth:simnet" is not a recognizable address. How IP and MAC addresses
are assigned on each node through a ns .tcl file?
2. Kerneltun is uknown element class.

It seems that nsclick is not supported with click 1.5 and later.

Do you plan to update the configuration files, or to give a set of
guidelines what changes are needed in order to run simulations with the
dsr and the dsdv protocols?

Regards,
Georgios Parissidis