[Click] Grid code and SMALL_GRID_HEADERS

Manuel Requena manuel.requena at cttc.es
Thu Jun 28 05:30:45 EDT 2007

Maybe some errors are due to changes in the compiler. But, it is not the case for others. An
example, when compiling pingpong.cc:

  CXX ../elements/grid/pingpong.cc
../elements/grid/pingpong.cc: In member function ‘virtual Packet* PingPong::simple_action(Packet*)’:
../elements/grid/pingpong.cc:77: error: ‘stat_t’ is not a member of ‘LinkStat’
../elements/grid/pingpong.cc:77: error: ‘s’ was not declared in this scope
../elements/grid/pingpong.cc:77: error: ‘class LinkStat’ has no member named ‘_stats’
../elements/grid/pingpong.cc:96: error: ‘class LinkStat’ has no member named ‘get_bcast_stats’

But no trace about get_bcast_stats in LinkStat class.
get_bcast_stats is used in pingpong.cc and gridroutetable.cc.

Looking into CVS, get_bcast_stats disappears from version 1.6 to 1.7
http://cvs.pdos.csail.mit.edu/cvs/click/release/one/elements/grid/linkstat.hh.diff?r1=1.6;r2=1.7;f=h

Patch is commented by decouto... you?!:
"Reworked design and implementation of LinkStat element for measuring broadcast loss rates"

Reworked but not finished yet... I guess. ;-)

If the code is only related with statistics, I can live without them by now, but this part of code
is broken.

Manuel