[Click] Experiences with cross compiling kernel module for mipsel

Abram schoutteet at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 09:30:03 EDT 2007

Hello,

Half a year ago a colleague and me faced a similar problem, we needed to get
click working in kermelmodule (together with the madwifi driver) on a G4
mesh cube (which has a mips32 architecture). We made a minimal howto on the
process and a set of patch files with our changes to madwifi, click and the
linux kernel. We did however work with a 2.4.27 kernel ( G4 cube provided 27
patches for the 2.4.27 kernel, none for a 2.6 kernel) and with the
1.5.0click release.
During our work we nevertheless did meet the same and other similar
problems.
You can find the "howto" and our patch and configuration files (not the
madwifi-related ones) attached.
I hope they'll help you solve your problems.

Kind Regards,

Abram Schoutteet

Ghent University - IBBT
Department of Information Technology