[Click] Problem with DelayShaper and ToDevice

Geoffrey Lefebvre geoffrey at cs.ubc.ca
Tue Jan 23 14:22:53 EST 2007

Hi,

I am having some problems with the following user level click config on Linux:

... -> TCPRewritter(keep 0 0) -> q::Queue -> DelayShaper(0) -> ToDevice(eth0);

Upstream I have element that set the packet timestamps. The first
packet gets put in the queue but remains in the queue forever. It
never reaches the DelayShaper.  From debugging, I know that the
ToDevice:run_task executes once but since it's signal is not set, it
never pulls on it's input.  Shouldn't ToDevice's signal be set when
_empty_note.wake() is called in FullNoteQueue::push?

Btw, if I remove the DelayShaper, then it works and packets are sent
out (without respecting their timestamps of course).

Thanks in advance. If you need more information, please let me know.

geoffrey