[Click] Is there a good "dumb-moron" guide to kernel mode?

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Jan 11 13:07:37 EST 2007

The easiest thing to do is to take the working .config and copy it.

Compiling linux with that config generally takes forever and a day
because of the number of modules compiled.

How to find the config?  /lib/modules/VERSION/build/........  Poke
around there.  Also you can install kernel source RPMs.  Perhaps someone
else has more detailed advice, my memory is faulty.

Eddie