[Click] Is there a good "dumb-moron" guide to kernel mode?

Nicholas Weaver nweaver at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Jan 11 12:41:14 EST 2007

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 09:02:06AM -0800, Eddie Kohler composed:
> In my experience the hard part is finding the config that works.  After
> that you're home free.  Before that I generally want to cry.  What type
> of wedge are you seeing?  I generally use Red Hat/Fedora based distros.

Question: would the broadcom on-board NIC cause things to screw up as
well?  EG, should I just disable it and only have the Intel NICs?

Was Fedora Core latest, but using a vanilla kernel.  2.6.16.13 built with
click.

I think I may have screwed up something very low level early, because
its failing by "unable to fine device-mapper major/minor"

(I haven't done much kernel building etc).

What configuration etc have you used succesfully?  I can nuke and
reinstall this machine however I want.

Nicholas C. Weaver                               nweaver at icsi.berkeley.edu
     This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for higher security.