[Click] Badness in dst_release - click access point

Abram schoutteet at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 11:24:52 EST 2007

Hello,

first of all, I'd like to apologise for the double post,

I've been able to solve the problem with the Badness in dst_release
messages.

In the click release 1.5.0 in the file linuxmodule/skbmg.cc ithere is a bug
in the function

static inline void
skb_recycled_init_fast(struct sk_buff *skb)
if (!(skb->pkt_type & PACKET_CLEAN)) {
    dst_release(skb->dst);
    if (skb->destructor) {
      skb->destructor(skb);
      skb->destructor = NULL;

the dst_entry* dst of the skbuff isn't set to NULL after releasing it, which
causes the atomic_t __refcnt to be decreased again and again, causing the
aforementioned error messages.

After adding

dst_release(skb->dst);
*skb->dst = NULL;*

Everything seems to be working fine again.

Regards,

Abram