[Click] Possible problem with Madwifi Stripped ??

Muddassir Khan muddassir.khan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 12:21:20 EDT 2007

hello eveyrone
I have a question for the group.

I am using  Suse 10.0 and proxim atheros cards which gets installed
automatically by SuSE 10.0

I am using COPE software made over SRCR Router which made by the Roofnet
project people which is entirley made in CLICK framework that is why iam
directing this question to CLICK GROUP. The COPE project uses RAW device of
madwifi driver to capture packets.

now when i run the COPE  and test the throughput with TTCP it gives me a
throughput of around  300Kbits per sec. which by any stadard of 802.11 g is
less.

i have also checked the system without Rooft SRCR and just using SUSE
internal routing table n all with atheros cards running in adhoc mode. the
result i get is .. NO CONNECTIVITY. the packets are scrambled when they are
recived by the reciver and thus can not be read. therefore i cant get any
packet to the next machine even if i put them right next to each other.

then i used knopix and same cards adn same environment and setting , it
worked jsut fine and showed me throughput in Mega bits per second..

The problem is i can not use the new MADWIFI verision as they dont use RAW
device which is essnetial for COPE project. Thus i haveto use the old
madwifi verision ng-1468 but stil lit gives me problems and i can not use
the raw device.

I dont knwo whether problem is with MADWIFI old drivers? or with SUSE
compatibility with MAdwifi drivers or with somethign else.

can u please tell me waht can the problem be ? as i have no clue what to do
with such low throuhgput.

Thanks alot
Khan