[Click] using handlers

I.E.Pearce-02@student.lboro.ac.uk I.E.Pearce-02 at student.lboro.ac.uk
Mon Mar 27 08:02:36 EST 2006

Hi,

I have a question about handlers. I want to read a value from an upstream
element using a handlercall. I am trying to read the value "diffs" from the
upstream ComparePackets element using the below code.

int
TOSUnqueue::configure(Vector<String> &conf, ErrorHandler *errh)
{
String rate_str = HandlerCall::call_read(Element *ComparePackets,"diffs",
errh);
unsigned different;
(void) cp_unsigned(cp_uncomment(rate_str), &different);

I have put this code in the configure part of my element. However I keep
recieving the below error when tryin to compile the element.

tosunqueue.cc: In member function `virtual int
   TOSUnqueue::configure(Vector<String>&, ErrorHandler*)':
tosunqueue.cc:51: error: parse error before `*' token
make: *** [tosunqueue.uo] Error 1

Can anyone help me with this error?

It is quite urgent i get this working as quickly as possibe so a quick
response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ian