[Click] ControlSocket in kernel click - read handles remotely.

Torquato Bertani torquato at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 11:04:41 EST 2006

> The ControlSocket opens a socket for all addresses, not just local ones.

Ok, thanks that.

> You are looking for the KernelHandlerProxy element.  A configuration like this:
>
>     ControlSocket(TCP, 8000, PROXY khp);
>     khp :: KernelHandlerProxy;
>
> will allow you read and write kernel handlers by connecting to port 8000 and
> speaking ControlSocket language.

This is exactly what I did first but the response was :
unkwnown element class: 'ControlSocket'
unkwnown element class: 'KernelHandlerProxy'

I looked for their source code and founded in userlevel directory. So
I thought I can't use them if I compile click with the
--disable-userlevel option. So I thought I can't use them I use click
as kernel module. Then I wrote here :)

But if you tell me that elements work also in click as kernel module I
should recompile click with the --enable-userlevel
--enable-linuxmodule, right?

Thanks
Torquato