[Click] ControlSocket in kernel click - read handles remotely.

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Mar 21 10:36:59 EST 2006

Hi Torquato,

The ControlSocket opens a socket for all addresses, not just local ones.

You are looking for the KernelHandlerProxy element.  A configuration like this:

    ControlSocket(TCP, 8000, PROXY khp);
    khp :: KernelHandlerProxy;

will allow you read and write kernel handlers by connecting to port 8000 and
speaking ControlSocket language.

Eddie