[Click] buffersizes

Peter De Cleyn peter.decleyn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 12:48:53 EST 2006

Hello list,

Not really a Click issue, but maybe you came across the same problem.

I'm using 2 queues in a script and merge them with a priorityscheduler. The
high priority queueu will contain L2 management packets (beacons, asso reqs
etc) while all other traffic will pass the low priority queue.

The problem I encounter now is that packets will be delivered to the device
and will be queued there (in the driver/kernel ?) too. So I can only
prioritize the management packets to a certain extend. I suppose I could
iptimize things if I could cut the buffers outside of Click to size one,
thus forcing the FromDevice only to pull from the queue when a packet has
been send and as a consequence doing all buffering inside click.

Does anyone know how I could do this? I'm using the madwifi driver , but
maybe there are also some general kernel networking parameters to change.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Peter De Cleyn