[Click] socket.cc patch

Mark Huang mlhuang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Jun 21 16:36:25 EDT 2006

Beyers Cronje wrote:
> You da man Mark :)

Er; not yet. Actually, I was only able to reproduce the hard lock because
click-socket.patch introduced a memory bug. I'm not able to reproduce it with
the fixed version attached (click-socket2.patch), or with a fresh Click checked
out from CVS; I must have had an old binary lying around.

If you ever do manage to reproduce the problem, either with Socket as it is
today, or patched with the attached diff, check to see if it's a memory leak or
something more subtle with the scheduler.

--Mark