[Click] Master::run_selects with socket element bug

Beyers Cronje bcronje at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 10:01:25 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm picking up a bug in the following scenario. I have a socket element that
sends data to a remote host via a TCP stream socket. Everything works
perfectly until the remote host TCP Window size reaches 0, as soon as this
happens I get a hard lock on the click box. I suspect the problem comes in
somewhere in the Master::run_selects function. I have confirmed the hang
does not occur anywhere in the socket element itself.

Anyone has any pointers for where I should start looking? What does  poll()
or select() return on a TCP socket when the remote host has a TCP window
size of 0?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

Beyers