[Click] Memory limitation of /proc/click/config

louati wajdi.louati at int-evry.fr
Thu Jan 26 12:25:24 EST 2006

 Dear Eddie and all,
I am trying to install in the /proc/click/config  a click configuration file that contains several virtual router instances (in the same conf file). Certainly, the click configuration file includes a big number of click elements.  A scalability study show that only 110 simultaneous router instances can be installed in the Linux kernel. When I try to generate a click configuration file with more than 110 instances, the configuration can not be installed and I obtain:  /click/config: Cannot allocate memory !

Do you have any idea about the memory problem ? Is this due to the Linux /proc operating system limitation or to the click allocation memory for /proc?

Is it possible to overcome this memory limitation to support the big click configuration file? How can I extend the /proc/click/config memory size from the click code to support a big configuration file ? Or may be I have to modify some Linux parameters...! Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Wajdi