[Click] FromPacket: read: Bad File Descriptor error

Beyers Cronje bcronje at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 07:43:05 EST 2006

Hi Hippo,

Just this week I've started looking into using the socket elements of click.
I might be wrong, but as far as I can see you should use the socket element
and not to/fromsocket. From the documentation: "This element exists only for
backward compatibility. See the more general
*Socket*(n)<http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/click/doc/Socket.n.html>implementation
for details, and for supported keyword arguments. A
*FromSocket* is equivalent to a
*Socket*(n)<http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/click/doc/Socket.n.html>with the
CLIENT keyword set to FALSE or a
*Socket*(n) <http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/click/doc/Socket.n.html> with no