[Click] FromPacket: read: Bad File Descriptor error

Hippi Do hippido at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 17:46:43 EST 2006

Hi,

  I'm trying to implement interprocess communication between an external application and Click.  The external application is executing on the same machine as Click.  The Click configuration file is as follows:

  ------ Click configuration --------
  FromSocket(UDP, 0.0.0.0, 3000) -> MyElement;

  The external application periodically sends a UDP message to the localhost at port 3000.  When the message is sent, Click continuously prints out the error, "FromPacket: read: Bad File Descriptor".  I appreciate pointers on how to get fix this problem.  Also, please point me to any examples you might have on how to communicate between Click and an external application.

  Thanks in advance,
  Hippi Do