[Click] help constructing a custom package

Nicholas Murphy nmurphy at cs.washington.edu
Tue Dec 19 17:21:22 EST 2006

I'm sorry to be sending so many notes to the list, but I can't figure
out what I'm supposed to be doing to construct my own package:

I tried copying the files in etc/samplepackage to elements/
attribution, and edited them accordingly.  I ran autoconf in the new
directory, followed by configure.  When I run make, it gives me all
kinds of linker errors related to functions in Element.  If I run the
toplevel make (even after rerunning autoconf and configure), it
doesn't pick up the new elements.

Clearly I'm missing a few steps.  If someone could help me figure out
what they are, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Nick