[Click] quick click question

Bob Keyes bob at sinister.com
Sun Dec 10 14:56:58 EST 2006

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006, Nicholas Murphy wrote:

> I just discovered that click doesn't work with red hat kernels...sigh.
>
> Can someone recommend a distro that you know to work well?  I.e., I'm
> trying to figure out the shortest path to getting a box up and
> running that can run click given that I'm a relative linux newbie. :)

You might want to try compiling the userland version of Click, it's more
portable. Other than that, I created patches for a much older version of
Debian for the kernel module.

I've been considering either making an updated version of the Debian
kernel module or an RPM for Redhat. Before I attempt this, I'd like to
know how much interest there is in such a project and in whcih specific
RH/Deb releases. My interest is mostly in the roofnet functions, which is
problematic, as they were yanked out some time back.