[Click] 802.11 tunning

John Bicket jbicket at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 11:42:26 EDT 2006

Hi David,
Those are just constants defined in the ieee 802.11 specs and changing
them won't  do what you want; they are mainly used for calculating the
duration of packets, but otherwise have no affect on the actual values
used by wireless hardware.  Some cards allow you to change the mac
level parameters; I know the madwifi driver has some mechanisms for
changing difs and sifs to make long distance links function.

John