[Click] [OT] - Any suggestions on what hardware to buy?

Beyers Cronje bcronje at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 12:38:21 EDT 2006

Hi Alastair,

I cant really say much for most of your questions, but one thing that has
caught me out when my motherboard got replaced the other day was support for
the new Mother Board on linux 2.4.  Until that time I was running Click with
polling support happily under linux 2.4.26. When the old MB was replaced
with a new SIS chipset MB I found that the new chipset was not supported on
2.4 kernel and I was forced to run 2.6 with click. So far my experience has
been that certain features of click running under 2.6 kernel is not
funtioning correctly, yet.

So my tip would be, if the new hardware you want to purchase is only
supported under 2.6 kernel, make sure that all the click features you want
to use are running stable with click on 2.6 kernel.

Cheers

Beyers