[Click] packet weirdness

Roman Chertov rchertov at purdue.edu
Thu Apr 13 17:25:34 EDT 2006

Hello,
	I have a machine with two NICs connected by a cross over cable.  I am
running Click from CVS on a 2.4.32 kernel.  I did a few modifications to
the Click linux module elements such that FastUDPsrc now puts a packet
sequence number into the packet's payload and then I set the timestamp
annotation. Then the packet gets sent to eth1.  A special element on the
eth2 recieve path looks at the packets and stores the sequence numbers
in an internal fixed size array.  To get the array data I have made a
read_handler for it.

If I set the packet generation rate to something low then I get a
non-repeating set of sequence numbers; however, if I set the rate to 0,
then I sometimes see a long series of repeating numbers.

Any input would be much appreciated,

Roman

Script.
source :: FastUDPSource2(0, 10000, 60,
                         00:0E:0C:AB:64:0C, 10.0.1.1, 1234,
                         00:0E:0C:AB:63:70, 10.0.2.1, 1234);

to     :: ToDevice(eth1);
from   :: PollDevice(eth2);
ctr    :: AverageCounter;

classifier      :: Classifier(12/0800 /* IP packets */,
                               - /* everything else */);
ip_classifier   :: IPClassifier(dst udp port 1234 /* relevant UDP
packets */,
                                 - /* everything else */);

source -> SetTimestamp
        -> to;

from   -> classifier[0]
        -> CheckIPHeader(14, CHECKSUM false) // don't check checksum for
speed
        -> ip_classifier[0]
        -> tt :: TimestampTrack(1000)
        -> ctr