[Click] Click with Wifi

John Bicket jbicket at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 15:04:32 EDT 2006

Here is what is going on with the wifi elements:

We are moving the roofnet specific elements (the sr/*, sr2/* elements)
to a separate package. This will be posted in about a week or two.
The sr2 elements that were in the repository temporarily are basically
the same as the sr elements, except they handle byte-order correctly.
We named them sr2* so that in the future if we change the packet format
again, we can make sr3 elements and run configurations that are capable
of speaking both protocols.

Most of the basic wifi elements (like SetTXRate, WifiEncap, WifiDecap, etc)
are staying in the main wifi package, and those should work fine.
These elements currently only really work with atheros cards and the madwifi
(or madwifi-ng) driver. We don't really have any plans to make them work
with other cards, but if you are a reasonable device driver hacker it would take
a few days of work to add support to another wireless card if you are familiar
with the driver.

John