[Click] Click with Wifi

Bob Keyes bob at sinister.com
Thu Apr 6 14:12:49 EDT 2006

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Jason Haas wrote:

> I was wondering who's had success using wifi cards with click and if people
> would share their setups?  (OS, kernel version, distro, wifi cards, driver
> versions)

I have found it to work, but without effort in some cases. Note that all
of 'it works' will be for CVS from before APril Fools Day, because Click
became broken at that point

OS: Debian
Kernel Version: 2.6.13.2
Distro: Sarge
WiFi Card: D-Link DWG-AG520
Driver Version: Madwifi-NG as prepared for Sarge, from tu-bs.de

Madwifi:
I have problems associating to an access point by ESSID: I can select by
AP Mac address though. Still not sure what's going on, and it's not the
card - same exact card has no problems in Windows XP.

Click:
I am using this for RoofNet. Currently, support for roofnet has been
removed, so I have been using versions from before April Fools Day, and
RoofNet works once I take out all the references to non-existing elements,
which are all in the SRCR2 protocol.