[Click] My solution to unresolved symbols matters with e1000.o insertion with 2.4.27

Alessio Sacchi 31284 at unimo.it
Mon Nov 21 08:23:47 EST 2005

I post this messagge to help anyone could have my same problem with the
e1000 driver.

While setting up the e1000 driver for polling features by compiling it
from the CVS, the compilation was ok but the insmod command returned:
unresolved symbol local_save_flags.

The Intel suggestion found on line did not worked, but I could solve
this by inserting this definition in the e1000_main.c file:

#define local_save_flags(x) local_irq_save(x)

as suggested by google about other topics.

Maybe this matter is solved with 2.6 kernels through a correct
local_save_flags declaration in the kernel.

Hope to be helpful.

Alessio