[Click] Different frame format...

Rafael Paoliello Guimaraes rafael.guimaraes at ac.upc.edu
Fri Nov 11 08:08:28 EST 2005

Hi all,

I am currently trying to use Click in user level to send packets through
a network device that has a frame format different from Ethernet. I
tried to do something similar to WifiEncap/WifiDecap but I am not having
success on it... What should I do? What I did so far was to create a two
elements, one for encapsulating and other for decapsulating the frames
(EncapElement, DecapElement), these elements converts the MAC frame from
Ethernet to the format I want and vice-versa (just like
WifiEncap/WifiDecap). Then I send it to my device. Am I missing some
step? To generate the new MAC format I based myself completely on the
device driver's hard_header function.

FromDevice(weth0) -> DecapElement -> ...

... -> EncapElement -> ToDevice(weth0);

Thank you very much!!!

Cheers,

  Rafael Paoliello Guimaraes
  PhD Student - Computer Networking Group
  Department of Computer Architecture (DAC)
  Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC)
  Phone: +34-934017187   Fax: +34-934017055