[Click] (no subject)

f2308030 at est.fib.upc.edu f2308030 at est.fib.upc.edu
Thu May 26 10:07:47 EDT 2005

Hi,
I have a FromDevice element in promiscuous mode.
I want to send some packets received by this device to host, this is, to the
ToHost element.
So, due to the promiscuous mode, I have to check if this packets have the
destination address equals to the host address.
My question is:

Do I only have to check the destination ethernet address of the packet and next,
if it is equals to the MAC address of the host, send the packet to ToHost?
Or I have to check both the destination ethernet address and the destination ip
address of the packet before send the packet to ToHost?
I don't know if this last check is made by ToHost (kernel,...) or not.

Thank you!