[Click] please_stop_driver() function

Andreas Tarp click at atarp.com
Fri Mar 4 10:19:01 EST 2005

Hi,

i have a question regarding to the please_stop_driver()  function from
click/router.hh:

I think in theory the line

router -> please_stop_driver()

somewhere within an element (for example in the Element::simple_action
part) should stop the runnig click configuration and return to the linux
console.

In my case click quits when calling these function, but I always receive
a SIGSEGV error. Do I have to pay attention to some other rules, when
calling please_stop_driver() ?

My intention is to write a small element, which quits the running click
router, if a packet is passed to the element.

Thanks a lot,

Andreas