[Click] Error in Intel Pro Ethernet modules

Beyers Cronje bcronje at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 19:49:41 EST 2005

Hi Indian,

You're probable using an unsupported e1000 card for this driver. Check
the device ID and Controller version using scanpci and have a look in
e1000_hw.h to verify that your setup in supported.

I have patched polling driver of e1000 v. 5.2.16 which might support
your card. I wouldn't recommend this driver for production environments
though as I've picked up a small percentage of packet loss not seen in
the click released e1000 driver.

I'm busy playing on a polling driver based on the e1000 v.5.7.6 (latest
Intel driver). When/if I get it working I'll let you know.

Regards

Beyers