[Click] libpcap filter error

Nicholas Weaver nweaver at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Jun 29 17:10:58 EDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 03:07:42PM -0600, Daniel Henkel composed:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to use the BPF_FILTER parameter with FromDevice in
> user-mode. This is the result when loading the configuration, e.g.,
> /conf/wifi/pseudo-ibss.click:
>
> pseudo-ibss.click:33: While configuring 'from_dev :: FromDevice':
>   warning: not using pcap library, BPF filter ignored
>
> I'm using libpcap 0.6.2, and ./configure recognizes it:
> checking for pcap.h... found
> checking whether pcap.h works... yes
> checking for bpf_timeval in pcap.h... no
> checking whether pcap_setnonblock is declared... yes
> checking for -lpcap... found
> checking for pcap_setnonblock... yes

I've not used BFP_Filter before, however...

Click's linux code doesn't use pcap for the packet capturing, but it
does under bsd (thus the check in ./configure).  I've experienced
issues with the pcap driver under BSD however (the click linux driver
is much more resilient).

Nicholas C. Weaver                               nweaver at icsi.berkeley.edu
     This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for higher security.