[Click] libpcap filter error

Daniel Henkel henk at gmx.com
Wed Jun 29 17:07:42 EDT 2005

Hi folks,

I'm trying to use the BPF_FILTER parameter with FromDevice in
user-mode. This is the result when loading the configuration, e.g.,
/conf/wifi/pseudo-ibss.click:

pseudo-ibss.click:33: While configuring 'from_dev :: FromDevice':
  warning: not using pcap library, BPF filter ignored

I'm using libpcap 0.6.2, and ./configure recognizes it:
checking for pcap.h... found
checking whether pcap.h works... yes
checking for bpf_timeval in pcap.h... no
checking whether pcap_setnonblock is declared... yes
checking for -lpcap... found
checking for pcap_setnonblock... yes

Has anyone used the BPF_FILTER before? Any hints?

PS: I'm running Pebble on Soekris 4511, kernel 2.4.26, latest click
cvs, Atheros miniPCI with madwifi-bsd branch; cross-compiling on
RedHat 9.

Thanks in advance,
- Daniel.

Interdisciplinary Telecommunications Program
University of Colorado at Boulder
http://AUGNet.colorado.edu