Fwd: [Click] transmit notification error

rchertov at purdue.edu rchertov at purdue.edu
Thu Jun 23 20:06:52 EDT 2005

Quoting Beyers Cronje <bcronje at gmail.com>:

Thanks for the forward.  I have tried to apply your changes to the 2.4.26 kernel
that was already patched with the latest click patch that I got from the CVS.
However, now my network modules do not load as I get an unresolved symbol error
for notify_net_tx.  This is pretty weird as this function is defined in the
dev.c.  (by the way I recompiled the whole kernel and modules)

So is it correct that the warning messages can be safely ignored and there would
no detrimental effect to performance?

   warning: not compiled for a Click kernel with transmit notification
   warning: can't get deb transmit notification: not compiled for a Click

Roman