[Click] e1000 netpoll

rchertov at purdue.edu rchertov at purdue.edu
Wed Jun 22 17:00:53 EDT 2005

Quoting Beyers Cronje <bcronje at gmail.com>:

> Hi Roman,
>
> Have a look in click-1.4.3/drivers. You need to compile and install
> the Polling driver supplied.

I have compiled and installed the e1000 driver for the 2.4.x kernel; however, I
cannot insmod (or modprobe) the module.
"/lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/drivers/net/e1000.o: init_module: No such device"
Dmesg and syslogs do not reveal much insightfull information about the cause of
the failure.  The 5.x.x and the 6.x.x e1000 drivers work fine but they do not
have the click hooks.  Any info would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Roman

P.S. hopefully this is a routine problem