[Click] DropBroadcasts

f2308030 at est.fib.upc.edu f2308030 at est.fib.upc.edu
Thu Jun 9 04:18:11 EDT 2005

Hi,
1. I want to use the DropBroadcats element in kernel mode.
The man page says...
"Drop packets that arrived as link-level broadcast or multicast. Used to
implement the requirement that IP routers not forward link-level broadcasts.
Looks at the packet_type_anno annotation, which FromDevice(n) sets."
...but I haven't found the sentence that sets the packet_type_annotation in the
linuxmodule/FromDevice element. I only have found this sentence in the
userlevel/fromdevice element.
Since DropBroadcasts man page say nothing about if DropBroadcasts element is
only for userlevel, is this an error? or a problem?

2. A simple question. Another element like DropBroadcasts but for IP-level and
not for link-level exists already? I haven't found it but before start to make
it... :)

Thank you very much!