[Click] kernel installation & configuration

Srividhya Subramanian srividya.subramanian at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 12:05:49 EST 2005

Dear Sir,

I am a student of final year BE computer science engineering  in SSNCE
under Anna University,India.I am working on my dissertation project
using click modular router for bandwidth management operationsI use
linux-2.4.20-8 and have downloaded linux-2.4.26 kernel as vanilla
kernel.I hope this is the actual vanilla kernel, as there wasnt an
explicit mention of the name anywhere else. I would like to know in
detail how to go about installing the kernel module for linux and the
patch process too.The 'make menuconfig'  is an command that is really
confusing.Hope u cud suggest the instructions in a simple way so that
I cud intsall the linux kernel & patch it and hence configure the
click kernel.

Awaiting your reply soon
thanking you,
Srividhya  Subramanian