[Click] examples

Gertner, Ilya ILYA.GERTNER at saic.com
Wed Dec 7 16:50:05 EST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to evaluate click for our project: extending router with
monitoring functions.

I have downloaded, built and installed the released version, but I am having
problem

with some (most important for me) click configuration examples.

Test.click works fine for both kernel and userlevel click.

Then, I wanted to run the "real thing" iprouter, and used perl script
make-ip-router.pl

To generated  myiprouter0.click..... which does not work.

At a user-level, it simply fails with:

~/click-1.4.3/userlevel

_]0;root at localhost:~/click-1.4.3/userlevel [root at localhost userlevel]#
./click ../mytest1__[Ks/myiprouter.click

../mytests/myiprouter.click:47: While configuring 'toh :: ToHost':

  too few arguments; expected 'string'

Router could not be initialized!

At a kernel-level, it initializes correctly, but it does not do the routing,

The ping program on the client side simply hangs.

Any suggestions on how to those examples to work?

For more detailed information, attached please find typescript of my
sessions.

Ilya