[Click] libpcap BIOCIMMEDIATE error

Daniel Henkel henk at gmx.com
Mon Aug 22 20:18:53 EDT 2005

Eddie,

the ioctl() returns with 'Invalid argument'. After some fiddling
around, I realized that I was compiling against libpcap 0.6.2 on my
devel machine, but had 0.7.2 installed on the Pebble system. So I
downloaded libpcap 0.8.3, compiled from sources, and installed this
version on both machines. Btw, it does not work with the 0.6.2
version, since ARP 803 is not supported. Click now works with a
/usr/lib/libpcap.so, which is I set up as just a symlink to the actual
libpcap.so.0.8.3 on both machines.

So far, so good. However, the next problem was a missing IP address on
the ath0raw interface. I gave it a random 192.168.0.x address, which
solved that problem.

Since all good things come in a three-pack, as the third problem
FromDevice initialization now returns 'ath0raw: parse error'. Router
could not be initialized. It seems as if this raw interface causes
trouble. Any idea how to solve this puzzle?

- Daniel.

Interdisciplinary Telecommunications Program
University of Colorado at Boulder
http://AUGNet.colorado.edu