[Click] libpcap BIOCIMMEDIATE error

Daniel Henkel henk at gmx.com
Thu Aug 18 20:12:06 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am trying to use FromDevice() with CAPTURE PCAP under Linux 2.4 with
Atheros madwifi and libpcap.so.0.8.3. I'm using this line:

FromDevice(ath0raw, CAPTURE PCAP, BPF_FILTER "ether[18:4] == 0x08 and
")

However, the configuration can not be initialized and returns
FromDevice: BIOCIMMEDIATE failed. FromDevice tries to switch the
pcap_fd into immediate mode, returning right after each packet
reception. For some reason this ioctl call returns an error. Any idea
what to do? Is it at all necessary to switch the socket into immediate
mode in Linux?

Thanks,
- Daniel.

Interdisciplinary Telecommunications Program
University of Colorado at Boulder
http://AUGNet.colorado.edu