[Click] Re: kernel level click

Roman Chertov rchertov at purdue.edu
Wed Aug 17 08:54:17 EDT 2005

Juncheol Park wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  Finally, I could successfully install the kernel level click
>  and use it for my experiments by solving the unresolved symbols problem
>  with insmod proclikefs.o.
>
>  As I mentioned in other question's reply,
>  I added more compiling option at Makefile.in under click/linuxmodule as follows.
>
>  proclikefs.o: proclikefs.c Makefile
> -       $(COMPILE) -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -c $<
> +       $(COMPILE) -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS -include /usr/src/linux-$(shell uname -r)/include/linux/modversions.h -c $<
>
>  I am not sure if this could be a good way to avoid such problems or not
>  because this problem might come from my own specific problem related to my current kernel.

I have also seen this on a 2.4.26 kernel.  I had problems with sb_lock
being unresolved.  The problem went away after I installed a fresh copy
of the source and patched it, while already running in the patched
2.4.26 kernel.  Obviously this was a lame solution, but I think it means
that for whatever reason there is an occosional difficulty resolving
symbols correctly.

Roman