[Click] Re: kernel level click

Juncheol Park jcpark at cs.utah.edu
Wed Aug 17 03:22:12 EDT 2005

 Hi,

 Finally, I could successfully install the kernel level click
 and use it for my experiments by solving the unresolved symbols problem
 with insmod proclikefs.o.

 As I mentioned in other question's reply,
 I added more compiling option at Makefile.in under click/linuxmodule as follows.

 proclikefs.o: proclikefs.c Makefile
-       $(COMPILE) -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -c $<
+       $(COMPILE) -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS -include /usr/src/linux-$(shell uname -r)/include/linux/modversions.h -c $<

 I am not sure if this could be a good way to avoid such problems or not
 because this problem might come from my own specific problem related to my current kernel.

 If someone can clarify this, it would be really appreciated.

 Cheers,

 Jun