[Click] ad hoc routing protocols + performance

Michael Voorhaen michael.voorhaen at ua.ac.be
Mon Sep 27 08:44:21 EDT 2004

Hi,

For a european project we are looking at several ways to implement the
routing protocol and click is one of the possibilities. We are currently
targeting OLSR as the candidate protocol. We are wondering if running
the entire protocol in kernel space would put a burden on the
forwarding. The fear of one of our partners is that the constant
(re)computations of the routing tables would interfere with the
forwarding since everything would be running in one process inside the
kernel.
Does anybody now if this could be a real problem and if so are there any
ways inside click to circumvent this problem?

Best Regards,
Michael

Michael Voorhaen
Phd Student
Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Sciences
PATS (Performance Analysis of Telecommunication Systems)
University of Antwerp
Middelheimlaan 1
2020 Antwerpen, Belgium
G1.11